Monday, March 30, 2020

Week 53 - How can we be mad at God's plan?

As you may have heard, I am home to be quarantined for a good 2 weeks. Coming home from Ecuador being quarantined to being quarantined with 6 gringos how weird. Haha  Okay but for real, I just want to share a bit of my thought process through these past 2 weeks.  2 weeks ago I got a new companion, Hermana Ballard who is just a spiritual giant who has changed my life. We set goals as a companionship to talk to at least 36 people everyday to finish the cambio with 1500 new people with the knowledge about the gospel, and to set Calderon on fire. Work as hard as we have ever worked and to run with the angels. Oof was I ready to get to work.  The first day of our companionship we had probably one of the best most successful days of my mission, the next day everything fell through. No one cared to listen and we were like well that’s all good tomorrows a new day, the new day comes around and we find mold in our house and it gave us headaches and we ended up having to clean it up and later that day found out we can no longer talk to people on the streets OKAY THATS FINE ITS TOTALLY OKAY. we ended up calling so many people that day. The next day went about the same other than we got 2 hours to go buy a 14 day food storage and then Sunday comes around and as we were at the members house my companion looks at me and says “we need to move today” shoot alright.  Backstory we had a debt on our house and problems with the owner so we just decided to move and we’re planning on moving at the end of the month.  So we call the elder and we explain that if we’re in quarantine it’ll be more of a problem. So we end up getting permission to move the next day after the debt is paid. Alright so that day we spent packing and the next day we pack and the moving truck gets there with the elders SO SWEET THANKS ELDERS but then the lady couldn’t get us the keys to the house and oof I’m almost in tears but shout out to elder dagliesh who talks to the lady and gets her to send the keys in a bag in a taxi WOHOO to finish that part we got into our new house just in time to buy a little bit more food and talk to our families and just in time to be quarantined the next day! And the last thing I thought Was that after a week in the house passed we’d be told to pack and get ready to leave that Friday.  I have never relied so much on my Savior. All of those who know me know how passionate I am for this work, for Ecuador, and for giving my all to the Lord and this trial in my life definitely caused some discouragement and frustrated thoughts. As we cried together the night we found out we dropped to our knees and poured our souls out to the Lord for understanding and help. I was Broken I was Hurting but yet in the moment that I felt Like my whole world was breaking out from under me I felt Peace. I felt Comfort. I felt the need for all of this. I dont understand everything. But I do know that God does.  Now during the next 2 days of packing and cleaning I had my “why was my time cut short here in Ecuador?” “Why do I have to say goodbye to my family?” But then I remember that this is not my plan. This is the work of the Lord and He knows exactly what He’s doing. He called me to Ecuador knowing I’d have a pit stop in Arizona, knowing I’d be able to serve in Ecuador with the best people I’ve ever met, that I’d be going back to my family for a time, and knows what’s next for me.  But trust me. It hasn’t been easy it’s been sad. And that’s okay, we’re allowed to be sad. But it’s not the end of the world. It’s just the beginning of something even greater. Our lives are puzzles and we just found a new piece and it fits perfectly. Now we must wait patiently to find the next piece. We get to decide if we finish our puzzle or just leave it to never be finished. Have faith, live by hope, and keep your head up. How can we be mad when the one who’s in charge is perfect? I cant be and I will never be.  I loved the almost year I got in Ecuador. I have been changed because of my new home and family and I love The Lord for giving me the opportunity to be there as long as I was. He knows me and He knows what I need and I love Him more than anything. Thank you for all the cute cards and uplifting words I have The best supporters in the world! I have The best family in the world and you’re all apart of it!!    If it doesn’t go as planned it’s because it’s Gods plan. Go with the flow in faith and as Roman 12:21 says we will overcome evil with good. Let’s keep our heads up and overcome the world.  John 16:33  These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have ​​​peace​. In the ​​​world​ ye shall have ​​​tribulation​: but be of good ​​​cheer​; I have ​​​overcome​ the world FE EN DIOS INCLUYE FE EN SU TIEMPO  HERMANA CAMPBELL

No comments:

Post a Comment